12 Ekim 2018 Cuma

London... Wining & Dining

I want to keep all the places I have tried or would like to try here for the future reference for me, friends and my readers...

Phat Phuc Noodle Bar, Chelsea 1 Sept 2018
This is the place Adnan found and my husband loves cause it is cheap and cheerful. It is like more self service street food stand rather than a proper restaurant actually and has outside sitting under trees which was good but very simple.
It was nice but I had to go to toilet after a while urgently so not sure if I would try it again although the food was good really and nothing happened to others including my daughter.
The Chelsea Courtyard (coffee & cocktails) looked very nice just next to this restaurant and the jazz music was nice, would love to try this place next time.

Pizzicotto, Italian 16 Sept 2018
It is a family run Italian restaurant with a simple cosy decor and they have nice Italian food, I had pizza and my daughter had mussels and they have many starters. I and my friend had stomach issue and the only thing we eat in common was aubergine starter so not sure if that was the guilty.
267 Kensington High street, Kensington, London W8 6NA. I tried it on 16 Sept 2018. It gets busy so reservation is required and they open at 6 pm for dinner.
The kids liked the food. My daughter almost finished whole big size pizza.
We tried with two family friends.

The Churchill Arms, 23 Sept 2018
Kensington, London W8 7LN
This is a typical pub but we did not eat at the pub instead we had it next to Thai restaurant within the pub. I did not understand the concept but they are in the same area and connected to each other but everything else is different, the food, service, waiters (they were a bit rude or lost in English language I am not sure), it was cheap relatively. You need to eat and go as the place is popular and they don't appreciate you staying longer after you are done with your food, how do I know? From the eyes were staring on us. We tried it with two family friends. I had noodles with prawns, prawns were good.

Borough Market, 3 Oct 2018
This is where we met Leona. It is superb, they have many street foods and stands.  Paella and oyster bars looked amazing, unfortunately I was not hungry so did not try anything accept coconut mini pancakes which was delicious. You can buy fruits and vegetables,  cheese and taste wine and many more. They have Turkish stand as well.
The nearest station is London Bridge.
You can go here to have lunch or dinner after visiting Tate Art Museum and Shakespeare's Globe. It is close to London Bridge and you can walk through the London bridge and all the way towards Tower of London (you need to pay to go in) and Tower Hamlets (you can just walk by unless you want to go up then you need to pay.  There are many nice restaurants and coffees near Tate.

Hoppers, St Christopher's Place, Sri Lankan food 4 Oct 2018
Very close to Bond Street station and this area is very nice and posh. There are many nice, expensive shops.
I loved the food, very spicy though. I went with school mums. It was supposed to be plant based lunch but we ended up having lamb as well but to be honest I prefer going veg in that restaurant.
They are open at 12 pm for lunch. They have nice corners table for 6 people, we sit 12 people in the same area but did not wanted to separate. They have authentic serving plates with music. We tried almost everything on the menu. I loved the bread, the idly bread and the rice bread with eggs and they have another one which is huge very thin though that was obsoletely yummy.
Egg hopper and string hopper and idle breads are amazing.
0203 3198110
77 Wigmore Street W1U 1QE

Garden Gate, Hamstead, 11 Oct 2018
I went to this place with E, it is a pub, the food was ok but nothing amazing, they have a nice big garden but I am disappointed with the size of the burgers. 

Ben's Cookies, Covent Garden 11 Oct 2018
I tried peanut butter, milk chocolate cookie and it was amazing. They have around 10 different types of them and the one I paid was 1.71 pounds.They have buy 5 get 2 or buy 8 get 2 cookies free options. They are really tasty and all they sell is cookies and some drinks. That is it and very popular.

Mazi, Greek Restaurant
Hillgate Street W8 7SR London
Autumn warmers: Fava bean puree with glazed pearl onions and spicy, tropita, filo pastry, leeks and honey.
Octopus with cheap peas or with lentil
Salads and many more. I have not tried sadly as I could not join the school mums for the lunch meeting but next time I will as they choose good places.

Oklava, Modern Turkish Restaurant

My friend highly recommended this place as she says it is Turkish fashion style and amazing combinations of culinary tradition.
77 Luke Street, London

Kayseri, Oklava's sister brunch
My friend suggested.

The Old Bank of England, City of London, Fleet street, Westminster
This pub is amazing and their steak pis is to die for apparently, the inside was huge and it has superb high ceilings, the decoration is mesmerizing.
It is close to Temple station.


Farm Girl Their rose latte sounded so good I decided to wait 50minuets to have my coffee there. Hmm it was ok but I need to remember to ask my coffee extra hot in this country. I did not have that issue in Abu Dhabi cause I used to have my coffee usually and only at work and the guy works at Coffee Planet was brilliant. He was making the best coffee for me. His colleagues was not the same, he know exactly how I liked it. Hot, rich, full... I miss my cappuccino. Here I choose latte cause cappuccino is so less and full of milk foam I don't even taste the coffee itself and enjoy it even I take the big size and usually it is lukewarm, why? Anyway the breakfast menu looked good but I was not hungry again so did not try but would love to go for the breakfast. It looked like that they serve delicious food. It's a photo-worthy double shot latte with rose water infused milk and rose petals. They have rose matcha tea as well.

Biscuit Boutique  They have the cuties window and cookies probably, it is so cute you have to go and take a picture and visit the shop and admire the cookies. I am not sure if they tasted as good as they look but I would love to try their one of few cakes there. It is a great gift idea as well as they have theme cookies. It is near Halloween so they had sweet Halloween themes cookies along with new born baby, thank you etc. themes. 

Arancina Pizza They have cute window decoration pizza on a nice cute car. It looks good and worth trying. This place is very close to Notting Hill Station just before you come to the main street. Their web page is www.arancina.co.uk


Zizzi  Italian restaurant we tried on Saturday at 5 pm 13th October. We were looking for a Japanese restaurant but they were closed at that time so ended in here. I had sea food risotto and the soup. The soup called Toscana Soup was amazing, so tasty, very Mediterranean, with lots of olive oil, herbs, tomatoes, leeks, grilled peppers, curly kale and quinoa. They have many other branches as well I went to one is on Paddington street, Marylebone near Baker Street station. My risotto was not bad but I prefer truffle risotto but they did not have that in their menu. It got pretty busy I must say as the other places did not look busy I assume people know the place and like it too.

Doughnut Time In this small shop they have around maybe 16 different types of doughnuts the ones I never seen before, they looked big, filling and so yummy. It took me only 10 minuets to decide which one to buy and when I decided, I was  devastated to find out they only accept card and I had no card so I could not try. By just writing about it makes my mouth watery. One of the names of the doughnuts are; Love at first bite, It is always gay time, Bellatwix Estrange, Life on Mars, The O.G., Houston we have biscoff, Sia Later, Stranger Rings, Captain America...How creative are they.

Vegan 22 This vegan restaurant was awesome, the food was so delicious I can be a vegan. It was very affordable as well. We went for open buffet for lunch and everything I tried was scrumptious.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder