31 Ekim 2018 Çarşamba

End of an Era, Good-bye Abu Dhabi

Wow it has been exactly 12 years and 8,5 months since I came to live in this country on 30th Sept 2005 until I left on 21st June 2018.

I spent all my 30 sth years and first 3 years of my forties. That is a lot, that is huge. I don't want to say my best years but these ages are good. To this moment I still do not know whether it was good that I was in Abu Dhabi all these years or not.
Yes I worked since the day I came to this country that means I made money and saved money and lived comfortably.
I felt safe in this country I knew my house and car will never be robbed and I would not be attacked by a random guy. I knew there won't be any earthquake. Things like that.
It was a cosmopolitan city and I liked meeting people all over the world.
I loved the fact that streets are clean (kind of) buildings are new, everything is luxurious. I loved the fact that you can stay in a good nice 5 star hotel and you can easily afford it.
Food was good, all international good food with good service.
I loved the idea that you can have a maid affordable and they can be really good that you feel grateful having them in your life.
It was great to have 30 business days as holiday and being in Aisa gave me the chance to travel Aisa and see other countries I would not have chance to see maybe if I was living in Turkey.

I loved the idea that I never needed to count how much I was spending and pampering myself without thinking twice and live in a tax free environment.

Was that enough to have a happy and fulfilling life, I don't know.
I missed good weather, nature. I missed living in a civilized country where you know everyone is equal and you know the law applies to everyone. I missed the opportunity to hold another passport cause in this country you cannot get their passports.

Now in London I am living the disadvantages of Abu Dhabi but am I happier? Not... yet. Why, cause I do not have maid and pay cheque. Yes simple as that. These are the main two important elements missing in my life. I think I can get used to not having a full time helper if I can organize myself according to that but one needs money to live and enjoy this damn city, that is given.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder